Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Highlights

Days 28-39

Here are the highlights from the last two weeks:

1. Something inside my grill caught on fire and all the zucchini and brawts I had on the grill started to turn grey with soot.  After much deliberation I decided that I didn't want to eat the soot.  Since I didn't want to throw away the food and start all over either, I came up with the brilliant idea of filling a small white tub (the kind I use to wash dishes in) and kind of washing the soot off of the brawts and zucchini.  It worked okay, but what I didn't count on was the black mess I would have in the white tub when I was done.

2. We went to the Secretary of States office to get our address changed on our drivers licences the other day.  We decided that we didn't want to drag the kids in, so I went in first.  After about 5 minutes I came out because I saw a sign inside that said they didn't take VISA.  We head to the bank for some cash before I realize that one, I could use debit and two, it doesn't cost anything to change your address.  We then head back to the SS office and I go in and come out in about 10 minutes.  My husband then goes in, and the door is locked.  It was the lunch break.  I must have barely made it inside in time.  So we go to Taco Bell for lunch, and then head back an hour later, and the waiting room is PACKED!  I thought Josh would be in there for hours.  I take the kids back to Taco Bell because they all have to go to the bathroom now.  When they are all done I head back to the SS office and see Josh walking towards me.  Apparently they move quick when there is a whole waiting room full!

3. There was a berry fiasco, which looking back now I kind of feel like a drama queen even talking about it. But in my defense I was VERY tired and VERY over whelmed.  Washing and drying and freezing blueberries is quite a time consuming task, not to mention picking the berries.  I had spent a lot of time doing all of those things while I was in Ludington, just to arrive home to find my cooler filled with blueberry and strawberry mush.  It was SO disheartening.  I felt like a complete moron for failing so miserably.  If I had taken the time to stop and think through what I was doing it would have never happened.

4. GAPS Blue Berry Cobbler.  YUM!  It was so nice to have dessert while we were visiting my mother.  Blueberries are the best berries on the planet, in my book!

5. I was with my mother for 9 days, and I took a HOT SHOWER every single day!  I was feeling so relaxed, in fact, that the first day back to living in a camper threw me for a loop.  How had I forgotten that it wasn't easy?!?!  Sheesh!

6. When I got back from my trip my garden had turned into a JUNGLE!  I didn't recognize it!  I had almost given  up hope for it.  It is very clear to me, now, that I am going to have more tomatoes than I know what to do with!  WOW!  Thank you God for such an amazing gift!  Paul says, "I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.

7.  I got an electric skillet from my dear grandma!  It is AWESOME!  It is big enough to make soup in, and to hard boil eggs!  I am so happy to have another option for cooking, other than the grill.


Here are some highlight pictures.  :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment