Friday, August 10, 2012

Uh Oh

Day 41


This is the scene of the crime.  This is where it all happened.  It was 7:45 in the morning.  I was lying there, sleeping innocently when I heard him above me, "Mommy, I have to POOP!"  He sounded frantic.  Being four it is always an emergency when he has to poop, I know this.  That's why I give him the go ahead to poop in the camper toilet, rather than make him get his shoes on and go to the house.  I start to drift back into dream land.  Then I hear it, the words you HATE to hear coming from the bathroom, "Uh oh."  If I had been more awake I might have ran to the bathroom to try to make the damage minimal, but I am still kind of out of it.  I hear, "I'm so sorry mommy.  I am so sorry.  I didn't mean to get poop on the seat.......and my leg.......and the floor.....oh wait, not the floor."  My brain finally kicks into gear.  I LITERALLY roll out of bed, because Anna is asleep and silly me I want her to stay that way because I actually think I might be able to crawl back into bed when this is all over.  I stumble to the back the camper.  There he is, standing with his pants half down, poop smeared up the back of his left leg and poop smeared on the toilet.  But it's not the seat.  It's the rim of the toilet.  He tells me he was scared of falling in.  Well, no wonder, he wasn't sitting on the toilet seat.  Sheesh.  I then see that it is indeed on the floor.  The CARPETED floor I might add.  See the discolored carpet in the back.  It's not dirty.  I promise.  It is just faded or something.  I am sure it is from the years of urine getting on the carpet and being washed over and over.  It doesn't smell, it's just really faded.

So I wipe little dudes leg.  I take of his pajama pants, it is on them too.  I toss them in the laundry.  I send him to get some underwear on.  I wipe up the toilet and the floor.  Then I hear AJ yelling (so much for going back to sleep), "HE'S GOT POOP ON HIS FOOT!"  This is where I smack my palm to my forehead.  It is really too early to be dealing with this.  I grab the baby wipes again and clean his feet off, and look more poop on the floor and or bed- my bed.  It is now 7:55, and we are all up and ready to start the day.  Well, the kids were ready to start the day, I was ready to sleep through this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment