Saturday, August 25, 2012

God DOES answer prayers

Day 56

So, last night before I went to bed I prayed with all my heart that tomorrow morning would be the morning that I finally got out of bed before my kids.  I have been pray and asking for help with this.  The mornings go so much easier when I get up before the kids do.  But I never seem to actually get up.  So, I earnestly prayed for help.  And he answered my prayer.  Here is how I woke up.

This morning I slowly woke up to whispering.  I was still kind of in a fog.  As I came closer and closer to consciousness the whispering became more understandable.  It was Little Princess and AJ, to be sure.  I moved my head, straining to see the clock to make out the time.  It was useless, it always is, I don't know why I keep trying.  Then I hear, in a harsh whisper, "get your feet off me!"  I kind of groan and say, "what time is it?"  They tell me it is 7:23.  Nice.  Usually at this point I tell them because they are talking before 8:00 they now have to stay in bed until 8:23.  Tricky, aren't I?  But I must be really tired, because this little trick doesn't come to mind.  Instead I remind them that they shouldn't be talking yet, and to lay back down and be quiet.  This doesn't work.  More bickering ensues.  Ones being mean, the others not giving the other one space, he took my pillow, she has my book, blah, blah, blah.  Seriously?  You'd think they'd realize that I don't care.  I never do.  So, what do I do?  I get mad.  I give them each a little swat on the rear (so they know I mean business) and tell them if I hear another peep out of them they will be sorry, and to stay in their one section of the bed.  Then, I look at the clock again, and I am standing on my own two feet, out of bed before the kids!  It's a miracle!  God is so good.  And I laugh to myself, and open up my Bible and write in my journal, and laugh to myself again.  Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment